Is my iPhone 14 waterproof?
Apple's iPhone 14 comes with new and different features. For example, it has a better camera than its predecessors and has the latest IOS 16 on it, but is this phone also more resistant to water and dust, and how resistant is this phone really?
What IP rating does my iPhone have?
All iPhone 14 models have an IP68 rating. This rating indicates how waterproof the iPhone is. With the IP68 rating, the iPhone 14 can stay under water for up to 30 minutes, with a maximum depth of 6 meters. This does apply to an iPhone in perfect condition. Minor damages such as cracks and scratches can significantly reduce the depth and minutes the smartphone can withstand. The IP rating not only indicates how waterproof a phone is, the rating also indicates how dust-resistant your phone is.
New iPhone 14 features
Picture this situation, your phone got wet and this made sending an message a lot harder. You click one letter and then get two in return. To prevent this, Apple has adjusted the pressure sensitivity of the screen in their new iPhone 14. The screen responds to the force applied while tapping the screen. This allows you to effortlessly send messages on your iPhone while the screen is damp. However, this does not mean that Apple's iPhone 14 is waterproof.
What to do in case of water damage?
First, turn off your phone as soon as possible, this will prevent short circuits. If your iPhone is charging, remove it from the charger immediately. Afterwards, try to pat your iPhone dry with a fiber cloth. It is also important to take out your SIM card because water can get stuck in small nooks and crannies. Of course, these are measures for minor water damage. If your iPhone has suffered worse water damage, please consult a professional.
How do I clean/dry my smartphone?
Water in charging port
- Make sure the charging port is facing downwards
- Gently tap your smartphone against your hand to remove excess liquid
- Place your phone in a dry area and let it dry there for at least 30 minutes
- If you still get an error message, let the phone dry further until you no longer see an error message
Things not to do
- Do NOT use a heat source, such as a hair dryer to dry your smartphone
- Do NOT go into the charging port with cotton swabs or paper towels
- Do NOT place your phone in rice. Small pieces of rice can actually get into the charging port
Water in speakers
- Make sure the speakers are facing down
- Make use of the following YouTube video, LINK
- Turn on the video, vibrations in the video will cause the water to vibrate out of the speakers
- Dab off the water that has come out of the speakers with a fiber cloth
Dust in charging port
- Shine a (flash) light on the charging port so you can see it clearly
- Push the dust out with the toothpick or skewer, you should see lint and dust coming out
- To get any last bit of dirt out you can blow or use compressed air
Things not to do
- Do NOT use a heat source such as a hair dryer to dry your smartphone
Dust in speakers
- Take a toothbrush
- Gently rub the toothbrush along the speakers
- To remove excess dust and dirt you can blow into the speakers
Things not to do
- Do NOT go poking the speakers with a toothpick or skewer to get the dust out
Are there waterproof iPhones?
There is currently no iPhone that is completely waterproof. iPhones are made waterresistant to protect the phones from minor water damage. These minor water damages are against the shower, rain, the pool, accidents at the beach and in a bar. The waterproofing of the iPhone can help prevent larger damages. What you can do to prevent water damage is to order a protective case from Catalyst. Catalyst's cases are available for all Apple products. Click on photo below to see our assoriment of Catalyst.
So is my iPhone 14 waterproof?
The iPhone 14 has an IP rating of IP68. This allows the phone to stay underwater for 30 minutes at a depth of 6 meters. The depth and number of minutes can be reduced if your iPhone has any cracks or scratches. This means that the iPhone 14 is not completely waterproof, but the smartphone is water resistant. This means that the smartphone can withstand minor water damage. Think of raindrops, dropping it once in the bathtub, or spilling water all over it. However, this does cause the phone to wear out faster.